One of the most significant and most beneficial ways to invest in a property is to replace an aging roof. Not only can it help protect your property from water damage but it can also add value and curb appeal to the home. And can also help ensure the roof will protect the home for many years to come. Choose a roof that will fit your house, climate, and budget, and if you’re replacing a roof, make sure you choose the proper roofing contractor in Canton Michigan for the best results.
Should You Replace an Aging Roof in Canton Michigan?
One of the biggest questions that home owners will have about their roof is whether or not it’s time to replace it. Since getting a new roof can be expensive many home owners will delay the project as long as possible. But sometimes waiting can cause more damage and more expenses. There are ways that you can save on a new roof or even get the roof financed which we’ll list below.
ARE YOU IN NEED OF A NEW ROOF?
Although hiring a professional roof inspector is the best method to determine for sure whether you need a new roof, there are several indications that can be key signs which mean you need a new roof:
• Your roof is almost two decades old.
• The roof shingles have twisted or broken edges.
• Your roof materials are darker in specific locations than in others.
• Most of your asphalt shingles have lost their granules, or you’ve noticed a lot of shingle debris in your gutters.
• When you stand in your attic, you may see daylight streaming through cracks or holes in the roof, as well as flaws in your roof shingles or material.
• There are visible sagging places on your roof.
• Your attic or the ceilings immediately below the roof show evidence of water damage.
Of course, your roof material may appear to have outlived its usefulness. Again, the best course of action is to consult a professional roofing inspector or contact a roofing firm to obtain an accurate estimate of how much longer your roof will endure, if at all.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO FINANCE A NEW ROOF?
First, check with your insurance carrier to determine if you’re covered if you’re replacing your roof due to a specific occurrence, such as hail or vandalism. Roof replacements caused by age or due to poor maintenance will not be covered by insurance. Customers can pay for roof replacement on their home through financing. Check with your roofing contractor about options that are available to finance the roof and pay over time.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TIME IT TAKES TO REPLACE A ROOF?
While it may appear to be a time-consuming and challenging task, the average roof repair only take a few hours and a roof replacement can usually be done in one or two days depending on the size of the home. It’s vital to understand that you’ll be able to utilize your house typically while the roof is being replaced. There will undoubtedly be some noise during working hours, and it’s a good idea to discourage your children from playing outdoors near the house while construction is taking place, but roofing personnel won’t need to be inside the house.
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED LIFESPAN OF A NEW ROOF?
Two primary factors determine your roof’s projected lifespan:
1. The following materials were used: Slate, copper, and tile roofs may easily endure 50 years or more. Fiber cement shingles have a 25-year lifespan, while asphalt shingle roofs have a 20-year lifespan.
2. The weather where you reside, particularly if your roof is frequently exposed to extreme circumstances such as snow or tropical storms.
You can make your new roof endure as long as possible by doing a few things. If in case your bathroom exhaust fan vents, for example, it may produce a moist (rot-inducing) atmosphere, speeding up the deterioration of your roof. Cleaning your gutters regularly to minimize water accumulation and pruning tree limbs that are contacting your roof may also help keep your roof looking new.
Want to get more details on roof replacement for your home? Call the experts at Twelve Oaks Roofing today at (248) 525-6950 for a free quote on a new roof for your home. They also offer roof inspections to help you determine if you actually need a new roof. Call today to also get great financing options on a new roof.